Incentives for the sale of a company are many and varied. Frequently, the desire to gain a strong sales partner, the realisation of company succession or the exit of investors necessitates the devotion of attention to the sale of the company.
Many companies, however, lack the necessary experience and the operation of the business does not allow sufficient time for adequate planning. Yet, a thorough and careful preparation of sales negotiations is a pre-requisite for the achievement of an optimal result. This not only allows companies to achieve better negotiation positions and higher valuations, but targeted search also helps to find the strategically most suitable buyer.
The support of these complex processes by an experienced M&A advisor is common practice and prevents unnecessary errors in the preparation and execution:
- Varying sales strategies of shareholders
- No clear positioning for distinct buyer groups
- Incomprehensible business models and growth strategies
- Insufficient representation of existing assets
- Incomplete and erroneous documents
- Unrealistic or unfounded value expectations
- Improper communication with employees, customers and other market participants
- Uncoordinated and excessively lengthy sales process
- Lack of competition amongst interested potential buyers
- Significant value deduction due to the uncovering of unexpected deficits during due diligence
- Failure to detect economic disadvantages during sales negotiations
Apart from the prevention of these errors, the targeted establishment of a buyer profile, the identification of relevant target groups and the approach of interested potential buyers are amongst the most important tasks of an M&A advisor.
Telephone: +49 30 7261323-0
- Analysis of M&A activities in the targeted market
- Objective identification of strengths and weaknesses from a buyer’s perspective
- Recommendations for action to increase value
- Identification of potential buyer groups including strategic positioning
I would sincerely like to thank you for the excellent job you did during the sale of shares. Even in “tight” situations you always maintained a cool head, were extremely professional, and it was always very pleasant to work with you. I will gladly recommend you in the future!Beter Brack, CEO BGi Solutions/Borchert GeoInfo Solutions GmbH
The advisors at eventurecat have supported the sale of our company with high levels of professionalism and personal commitment and achieved a successful transaction for both, the company and the share holders. Many thanks to the team!Insook Erdmann, CEO Binary Spaces GmbH
Friendship Systems GmbH is now part of the Germanischer Lloyd Group. The team at eventurecat, with their high level of competence and excellent support, has reassured me that for both, the positioning of the company and throughout the entire transaction process, I had the right advisors at my side.Stefan Harries, CEO Friendship Systems GmbH
With strong commitment and within a short period of time, the sector specific knowledge of eventurecat helped us succeed in the spin-off of a business unit as part of a management buy-out and thereby in a stronger focus on our core competencies.Stefan Wiesner, Chairman Condat Informationssysteme AG